M.Sc. thesis of David Altura
This research shows that we can improve the fan-heat-sink cooling system performance in two aspects:
- Increasing convective heat transfer and,
- Maximizing the coefficient of performance (COP) by applying an unsteady but controlled fan operation.
The presentation gives some highlights of this research: PDF
Final year project of Maya Beckerman
Cooling of PC using unsteady convective heat transfer
We have transparent PC case with installed air flow ventilation, see the images:
The project is experimental:
- Make the air cooling system working with an external controller that enables to turn on/off any combination of the air flow ventilators
- Make flow visualization with smoke or aerosols
- Measure the flow in the case
- Analyse and propose for an optimal configuration of air fans.
Maya’s poster PDF